The Cloud-Mitchell County Home Ownership Program offers financial incentives to make home ownership more affordable for current and future residents. Program eligibility includes the following:
- Purchase of an existing home in Cloud or Mitchell County.
- Borrower must meet bank qualifications for its loan.
- Borrower must have 700+ credit score from national credit bureau source.
- Home ownership education will be required for first time homebuyers.
- Primary loan with a bank that has a physical location in the North Central Regional Planning Commission (NCRPC) 12-county primary service area in North Central Kansas. Click here for a service area map.
The program provides up to $12,500 in down payment and closing cost assistance through a combination of a fixed rate 0% down payment assistance loan of up to 10% of the purchase price ($10,000 limit) and closing cost grant of up to 2.5% of the purchase price (limit $2,500).
Click here for a flyer with more information about the program.
Let our program help make your home ownership dreams a reality. Potential benefits include:
- Reduce time spent commuting to work.
- Be a catalyst for someone to buy their first home.
- Benefit employers in recruiting/retaining quality employees by helping them becoming more invested in their community and staking roots through home ownership.
- This is also a great opportunity for alumni considering a move back to Cloud or Mitchell County to live closer to friends and family.
To get started, contact your local bank located in the NCRPC 12-county service area.
Contact Debra Peters, Home Ownership Program Manager for more information.