North Central Regional Planning Commission is now hiring for the following position:
Regional Public Health Preparedness Coordinator/Homeland Security Assistant
North Central Regional Planning Commission is seeking a Regional Public Health Preparedness Coordinator/Homeland Security Program Assistant. A bachelor’s degree in a health care or emergency service field is preferred. Relevant work related experience may be substituted for college credit and the discretion of the hiring committee. The position requires knowledge of community health social program interactions. It will help plan, coordinate, and implement public health emergency preparedness endeavors for thirteen county health departments; including pre-emergency planning, emergency response coordination, and post-emergency functions. This position has department specific responsibility and provides expertise in public health preparedness related to responding to incidents. Position is based in Beloit, Kansas but telecommuting can occur on occasion. Full time hours negotiable depending on grant award and duties.
- Assist with the development and writing of member health department’s emergency preparedness policies, procedures and plans (standard operating guides) as needed in accordance to Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) Preparedness Program
- Assist in coordinating trainings & exercises on a regional level for member health departments
- Ensure regional work plan tasks are completed following KDHE preparedness program guidelines
- Facilitates situational awareness/communication coordination between counties
- Work under the guidance of the NCRPC Homeland Security Program Supervisor to coordinate program procurements and progress tracking for 2 homeland security councils
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Holiday, Vacation & Wellness pay
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Flex Benefits
- KPERS Retirement
- Flexible work environment
Click here for a pdf of the full job description of the Regional Public Health Preparedness Coordinator.
Click here for a pdf of the full job description of the Homeland Security Program Assistant.
How to Apply:
All interested parties should submit their resume with at least three (3) references to the below address. The position remains open until filled. With questions contact Doug McKinney or Pepper Roberg at NCRPC at (785)738-2218 or Ladonna Reinert, Lincoln County Health (785)524-4406 or Courtney Murrow, Mitchell County Health (785)738-5175. The NCRPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mail or deliver or electronically mail the information requested to:
North Central Regional Planning Commission
109 N. Mill, P.O. Box 565
Beloit, KS 67420