Organization: North Central Regional Planning Commission (NCRPC), Beloit, KS
Salary Range: $30,000 – $35,000 (Beginning salary is subject to qualifications)
- Kansas Public Employee Retirement System (KPERS)
- Employee Health and Dental Insurance Provided
- Vacation and Wellness Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Reference Check
- May be asked to provide a writing sample.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Position Start Date: As Soon As Possible
As a Community Development Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in supporting community development initiatives aimed at fostering growth, improving the quality of life, and enhancing the overall well-being of our community and its residents. This dynamic role involves a diverse range of responsibilities designed to contribute to the betterment of the community and the successful execution of various projects. The ideal candidate would eventually want to become a Community Development Representative.
Works under the supervision of the Community Development Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Administrative Support: Proofing Documents, Managing Files, Data Entry, Record Keeping, etc.
- Customer Service & Communication: Interacting with Members, Track Project Inquiries, etc.
- Research: Funding Opportunities, Environmental Impact, Compile Information, etc.
- Project Support: Project Management Tasks, Department Collaboration, Reporting, etc.
- Other Duties as Assigned: Event Planning, Travel Arrangements, Social Media Presence, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, be insurable, and capable of being bonded.
- Subject to substance abuse testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts and Sciences (e.g., Community Development, Planning, Geography, Political Science, or Economics), English, Communications, or Business Administration preferred but not required.
- Associate’s Degrees in similar fields with at least three (3) years of experience working in a community-oriented setting.
- Candidates with experience and a strong commitment to community.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate with clients, engineers, contractors, and staff.
- Proficiency in utilizing various technologies, including computers, smartphones, email, and software applications.
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Self-sufficient, have time management skills, and function without continual supervision.
- A willing to learn, attend trainings, and conferences.
- Occasional travel to nearby cities and counties may be required to attend evening meetings, with the opportunity to accrue compensatory time.
This position will be located in the Beloit office. View the NCRPC service area.
How to Apply
Applicants shall provide a resume with three (3) professional references.
Requested documents may be emailed to: email@example.com
Subject Line: Community Development Assistant Application
Or may be sent by mail or delivered to:
North Central Regional Planning Commission
Attn: Community Development Director
109 N. Mill, P.O. Box 565
Beloit, KS 67420
Please contact Bri Beck, Community Development Director at (785) 738-2218 with questions.
The NCRPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.