The North Central Regional Planning Commission is working hard to ensure current programs continue to operate as seamlessly as possible during this time. Recognizing the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on individuals and businesses in the region, this resource page is intended to provide helpful information. It will be updated as needed.
More Information: Information and applications are available at the Kansas Department of Commerce website. To learn more, check out the CDBG-CV FAQ’s available from the Kansas Department of Commerce or contact the NCRPC for assistance.
Business Financial Resources
- Connectivity Emergency Response Grant – Applications now closed
- Broadband Partnership Adoption Grant
- Small Business Working Capital Grant – Applications now closed
- Securing Local Food Systems Grant
- PPE Procurement Grant
- PPE Manufacturing Grant
- Manufacturing Technical Education Grant
- COVID-19 Bioscience Product Development Acceleration Grant – Applications now closed
- Domestic Supply Chain Fortification Grant
- IT, Cybersecurity & IT Project Management Grant – Applications now closed
The online application portal opened at Noon on Wednesday, August 19th, 2020. Funds are expected to go quickly. Check the Kansas Department of Commerce website for the latest availability and information.
Examples of projects which could fit within the program would be:
- Design, engineering or prototyping of new concepts
- Creation of SolidWorks models
- Creation of production drawings or other manufacturing documentation
- Conducting preliminary customer/market research
- Conducting preliminary intellectual property research
- Creation of websites or marketing materials
- Other areas of technical support as needed
More Information: Learn more and apply at the Technology Development Institute (TDI) website.
- Bank loan guaranteed 90% by USDA
- Business located in community under 50k in population
- Use of proceeds: Operating capital, inventory, and ongoing debt service
- Maximum loan amount based on 12 months operating capital less PPP award and EIDL grant/loan (up to $25 million)
- Interest rate set by bank
- Term up to 10 years
- Payment deferral for 12 months, but interest will accrue.
- $1 for $1 market value collateral coverage
- Personal guaranty
More Information: View the Fact Sheet for the U.S. Small Business Administration Economic Injury Disaster Loans. Applicants may apply online, receive additional disaster assistance information and download applications from the SBA.
The Paycheck Protection Program is a loan designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll. SBA will forgive loans if all employee retention criteria are met, and the funds are used for eligible expenses.
More Information: Additional information is available from the SBA.
Information from Official Sources
- Local County Health Departments
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Kansas COVID-19 Response and Recovery