The Marysville Home Ownership Program offers financial incentives to make home ownership more affordable for current and future Marysville residents. Program eligibility includes the following:
- Financing through a participating Marysville bank
- Borrower must meet bank qualifications for its loan
- Borrower must have 700+ credit score from national credit bureau source
- Purchase of an existing owner/occupied residence located in Marysville zip code (66508)
- Home ownership education will be required for first time homebuyers
The program provides up to $12,500 in down payment and closing cost assistance through a combination of a fixed rate 4% down payment assistance loan of up to 10% of the purchase price ($10,000 limit) and closing cost grant of up to 2.5% of the purchase price (limit $2,500).
Click here for a flyer with more information about the program.
Let our program help make your home ownership dreams a reality. Potential benefits include:
- Reduce time spent commuting to work.
- Be a catalyst for someone to buy their first home.
- Benefit employers in recruiting/retaining quality employees by helping them becoming more invested in their community and staking roots through home ownership.
- This is also a great opportunity for alumni considering a move back to Marysville to live closer to friends and family.
To get started, contact a participating Marysville bank including Citizens State Bank (785) 562-2186, First Commerce Bank (785) 562-5558, and United Bank & Trust (785) 562-2333.
Contact Debra Peters, Marysville Home Ownership Program Manager for more information.
The Marysville Home Ownership Program is a pilot program and is made possible with generous assistance from the following charitable foundations and Marysville banks: Marysville Community Foundation, Guise-Weber Foundation, R.L. and Elsa Helvering Trust, Citizens State Bank of Marysville, First Commerce Bank, and United Bank & Trust. NCRPC affiliate NCKCN also contributed loan funds for the program through its North Central Kansas Community Network, Co. (NCKCN)-Four Rivers Loan Pool.