Several North Central Kansas communities learned last month that they will be receiving funding to help complete a variety of improvement projects across the region.
The awards come from the Small Cities Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program administered by the Kansas Department of Commerce.
NCRPC staff assisted with the following projects and will provide project administration. Each of these grantees will be contributing matching funds from a variety of sources.
- City of Burr Oak — $330,000 – Water system improvements
- City of Cawker City — $454,250 – Water tower
- City of Concordia — $560,000 – Purchase of a fire ladder truck
- City of Glasco — $323,530 – Improvements to the lift station and sanitary sewer system
- City of Lincoln Center — $300,000 – Housing rehabilitation and demolition
- City of Mankato — $600,000 – Wastewater collection system repairs and improvements
- City of Marysville — $600,000 – Sanitary sewer treatment facility improvements
- City of Miltonvale — $383,000 – Wastewater collection system and treatment facility improvements
For more information about the CDBG program, visit the Kansas Department of Commerce or contact the NCRPC staff.
This article appeared in the March 2022 NCRPC Newsletter.